Hiring! Full-stack Developer - The Karta Initiative works to bridge the gap between talent and opportunity for young people from underserved communities

Karta’s objective is to bridge the gap between talent and opportunity for young people from marginalised and disadvantaged backgrounds. We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic developer to help support our technical strategy to engage with target youth with greater depth and breadth of impact than ever before.

One of Karta’s key initiatives is “Karta Connect”, an E-Access digital platform that will support youth in building skills, networks and awareness, so they can make informed choices and achieve their potential. Karta Connect is still in its early phases of development with a small cross-platform application being used across partner schools. The need for development is high, with a great number of challenges to overcome given the infrastructure barriers for disadvantaged youth in India.

We are therefore recruiting a Full-Stack developer who can help:

• Develop scalable system architecture that can serve mobile-first, low-bandwidth communities
  • Develop high-quality features across the entire technology stack.

Job Description

1. Work with the development team and product owner to unpack user problems and ideate software solutions
  2. Write client-side and server-side code
  3. Write effective APIs
  4. Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency, using a test-driven approach to development wherever possible
  5. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
  6. Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
  7. Support the product owner with data analysis and analytics tooling

Essential requirements

This is the second hire for our development team, so we are looking for someone who is keen to learn and can quickly become a key contributor to development decisions. The ideal candidate should have:

• proven experience as a web developer (minimum 2-3 years of experience)
  • experience with at least one back-end framework
  • high attention to detail
  • experience in test driven development
  • an understanding of agile principles for development
  • Team player and ability to work under strict deadlines.

Desirable:

• Experience developing in Flutter or similar cross-platform technologies
  • Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar full-stack frameworks
  • Familiarity with single page applications and backend API architecture

How to Apply

Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to engage@karta-initiative.org

1 Like

Welcome to the Tech4Good Community @nishit

Thank you for sharing your requirements here

1 Like

I am looking for job react js developer frontend developer I have 6 months experience

Hi Jay, Please do write with your CV to the email provided in the main job post. All the best! :slight_smile:

I have sent my resume to your email