Tech4Dev is an initiative to build an ecosystem of software and design companies, NGO partners, and foundations working towards creating social impact in developing countries. Tech4Dev aims to integrate technology into development program design, build scalable and sustainable solutions, build technology resilience amongst NGOs, and leverage open source technology via digital public goods metric.
Their data platform team will be focused on creating an open-source data platform that is easy for NGOs to use and onboard. If you wish to read more about their initial design thinking of the platform do read their post: Data Is Our New Frontier
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. As a member of a lean team, you will be expected to wear many hats, embrace innovation and will have the opportunity to make a real, significant impact! This is mostly a remote position but you may be required to go to face-to-face meetings with other developers once a quarter or so.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for the technical execution and consultation on the technical strategy of the Data Platform tech stack working closely with the Data Platform Lead
- Bring rigour to data extraction, loading and transformation enabling the development of efficient and reliable data pipelines and their long-term management.
- Develop and support data warehouse transformations via SQL stored procedures or supplementary tools like dbt and Snowflake.
- Define critical monitoring processes to ensure the health of data pipelines and own administration processes (user permissions, governance activities, etc.).
- Perform periodic maintenance of data system infrastructure systems under the guidance of data platform lead
- Working with analytical tools to provide actionable data insights to decision-makers.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and support the development of Business Intelligence visualizations using Tableau and other tools.
- Working with clients to understand their needs pertaining to their current processes and pain points and identifying which of these can be addressed through automating and streamlining data flows.
- Working with other team members to test and deploy these solutions.
- Support training sessions to empower partners to consume information from the data platform and conduct analysis to propose improvements to the Data Platform tech stack.
For more details about eligibility and how to apply, visit: